Thursday, February 4, 2010

One of my Favorite poems





Everything in my life always seems to be aligned. I believe that. I believe in God. I believe that he shows me different things so that I can respond ...even if you don't believe in God, I know that you believe that alot of the things that happen to you..don't just happen at once--but when they happen or are happening, you are worried. I've learned not to worry, and thats where the Footprints in the Sand poem comes in...whenever you think you are alone, you aren't...come back to this poem and it will be clear...

Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson



be blessed,
Miss Understood