Thursday, June 17, 2010

growing up




So my neice/daughters are growing up. Today they embark on one of the biggest moments in their first 10 years of life...5th grade graduation. It may not seem big to you, but it is big to me. I remember the day they were born. I remember the day they 1st started getting on my nerves. I remember the first time I fell in love. It was July 12, 1999. That's when Tayler and Tyler graced the world with their presents. I know its supposed to be presence but to me they were a gift. So today I have a few words of advice and encouragement. First I'd like to begin by saying how extremely proud of you I am.
1. Middle school is a journey and you two are so lucky to have one another.
2. Get involved in the clubs. Experience middle school. The more clubs you join the more friends you make.
3. Always talk to someone. Talk to me. Feel comfortable enough to express what's on your mind.
4. Middle school is fun but it is also a very complicated time: its all about finding yourself...finding out what you like and you don't like
5. When I was in middle school, I enjoyed myself I was involved in the programs after school but I began to find my independence.
Lastly, just have fun and take your scholastics serious.
6. Boys. Whew, stay away. Lol, you don't have to stay away, but keep them as friends...its always better that way.

Tayler and Tyler you two are very beautiful and smart girls and again, I am extremely proud of you. I know that you all will grow into the ladies that God has planned for you. But along with growth comes mistakes; and don't be afraid. It is ok to make mistakes. But what is not ok is making the same mistakes over and over. I love you.

Love,

Aunty Jasmin
Always and forever