Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Date Text


Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need. ~Margaret Mead

So today, I get a text... It reads
'how would u feel if i told u i was tryna take u out this wknd' well honestly I'm hype. I don't think any one has asked me on a date in a long time... The problem I have with this is that I was so hype to get asked on a date by a nice guy who actually told me I was going to go out with him via text. And get this when I told him I'd go because I haven't been asked out on a date in forever he said 'that's odd, you are beautiful. Somebody gotta be askin you out' why do guys always say that? Clearly if I said no one has asked me out- they haven't asked me out. I know in this new day and age texting is the same as calling but I want a call. Now I'm still hype that he asked and I'm thinking about going because I like him as a person. The issue is not with him, the issue is with my generation. Why are there so many means of communication? And forget that if I go on this date how am I going to act? Lol, what are we gonna do? Are we gonna go out to eat? Movies? Museum? I don't know, like im utterly confused....lol..Because I don't do dates at "the crib"...Make me feel special...it does not have to be expensive impress me...I won't congratulate a man for doing what he is supposed to do... for example: opening doors, pulling out chairs, complimenting, and definitely paying. I say definitely in the most non-gold-digger way, a MAN should want to feel like a man and take a woman out. Well at least thats what my daddy says...


Miss Understood