Monday, March 15, 2010

Davon Rest in Peace



"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.


@DDGFranklin: Life Lessons from the ocean water: the waves will pull you out further before they take you back to shore

Davon,

The waves pulled you out so far, that HE had to take you home --back to shore, to the big ocean in the sky...I love you. I have no memories at Howard University that you are not apart of; from the time I arrived at the Mecca you have been my brother and a great listener. Im trying so hard to get these feelings outta my heart, im trying so hard to be strong...and im almost there. I wish I could have one more margarita with you, or steak quesadilla and watch you devour the little bowl that the salsa comes in...I wish I could have one more laugh, one more hug....I wish I could have one last moment. I can only think about positive things, things that make me smile, thinks that make me sad because all I can think about is you. You and how much of a great man you are. I know that you are watching over us. As I type this im laughing because im thinking about how funny you are creeper! lol, im gonna miss you...but you aren't that far away. Im gonna miss you old man...my heart was so heavy until i prayed...i walked outside and there was sunshine and i know that it was you. i know that it was you because I said "God, why?" and I heard him chuckle....he chuckled because who am I to question God's plan. So whenever I get sad, ill think of every time you made me smile. God took you because he needed you more than we did. We can all be selfish and question his reasoning but God makes no mistakes. My eyes are low...my head is pounding..im full of questions that i cant even ask...im tired of crying but I don't know when the tears will stop...im so full of emotion...what should i say? what can i do? how can i help? i can't begin to fathom how your parents feel...your family is in my prayers... I want to walk on campus and see you with your cane in your back pocket with your ear phones in your ear...

from my heart to yours,
i love you
selfish me wants you here on earth but
the selfless me knows you deserves to be Resting in Paradise
my heart knows that when you took that last breath that God told you it was your time
one day I will understand why the good die young but right now it is not meant for me to know
watch over us...tell the Angels i said hello...tell God to forgive us just as he has forgiven you


love,
Gucci